About BX

The need for communication and information among construction specialties motivated 17 men in the industry to form The Builders’ and Traders’ Exchange in 1892. Today, the Builders Exchange of Central Ohio has nearly 700 member firms, representing the entire spectrum of the industry.

BX History

1892
The Builders Exchange Was Founded

1954
The First Cornerstone Award Is Given

1979
The First President's Award Is Given

The Builders Exchange membership includes architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and manufacturers, along with related professionals such as attorneys,insurance and bonding agents, bankers, accountants and computer specialists.

The Builders Exchange elevates the central Ohio commercial construction industry by recognizing the best of the best through a series of industry awards, including the Cornerstone, President's, Safety and Craftsmanship awards.